- PostGIS based on PostgreSQL - Most advanced open source database
- Oracle Spatial - Oracle-based advanced spatial data analysis
- Esri Enterprise Geodatabase - It's an addition to a relational database engine like PostgreSQL. Besides to make spatial calculations and apply topological rules, adds data version control, etc.
- Spatialite based on SQLite - Lightweight SQL library to support fully spatially capability
- MSSQL - A high-performance database support by Microsoft
- MBtiles - A specification for storing tiled map data in SQLite databases
- MySQL - the world's most popular open source database
- mongoDB - An open-source, document database designed for ease of development and scaling
- GeoMesa - An open-source, distributed, spatio-temporal database built on a number of distributed cloud data storage systems, including Accumulo, HBase, Cassandra, and Kafka.
- MapD - SQL engine that leverages the parallel processing power of GPUs to query billions of rows in milliseconds.
- Tile38 - Tile38 is a geospatial database, spatial index, and realtime geofence.
- DB2 Spatial Extender - An extender for IBM DB2 to generate and analyze spatial information about geographic features, and to store and manage the data on which this information is based.
- TimescaleDB - An open-source time-series SQL database optimized for fast ingest and complex queries.
- GeoWave - It provides geospatial and temporal indexing on top of Accumulo, HBase, BigTable, Cassandra, and DynamoDB.